cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No map after workout

Hi I'm new to galaxy watch I normally use a garmin but I like the galaxy watch better as a watch. 

Anyway I've just been for a walk to test it out and started a walk on my watch and left my phone at home. 

After the walk I stopped it and sync it with my phone when I look at my activity I can't see any gps map of the route I've taken. 

Any help on getting it to actually track where and show where I've been. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: No map after workout

The GPS needs to be locked on before you start. Mine is not consistant when and if it resolves the position, when using the Samsung Health app to track. Sometimes it locks after 5 minutes or so (in fairly open spaces). The manual says that when connected to a phone via Bluetooth it will use the phone GPS. That doesn't work with my Sony phone.

The third party app "GPS Reading", however works by using the phone GPS!

In my case having the phone (Bluetooth) connected or not doesn't seem to make a difference for the GPS locking by the Samsung Health. Sometimes locks after 1-2 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't manage to lock in a 30 minute walk. (Look for a steady green location indicator. Flashing means it is trying.)

Highlighted
Constellation

GPS was locked on fine. I want to record my walks on my watch and see it in samsung health like in this photo 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/gear-s2/50-error-gps-tracking-walk-...

Highlighted
Astronaut

I don't know how to make it to automatically record the map. But I followed these instructions and it works. In my case I selected cycling, and in the watch screen, I saw the GPS icon blinking.https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/galaxygear-not-track-gps-routine/

As you can see in my picture the "11:11 am" workout shows a map and has the location/gps logo, I didn't really ride my bike was just testing. But my earlier cycling 6.44am and 7.34 say "auto" and didn't record a map. So I guess if you manually start the work like instructed in the link above it will make a map. WhatsApp Image 2020-06-12 at 11.19.55 AM.jpeg