cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: No notifications for work profile apps???

From what i've seen during testing, the samsung wearable app is aware of Work Profile apps and can send notifications on Samsung devices. On non-Samsung devices it is not aware of Work Profile apps and will not send those notifications.

I manage mobile devices for my company, and was responsible for rolling out Android Enterprise. During the first year of roll out I had employees contacting me about Work Profile notifications on their various Samsung Watches fairly often. Unfortunately I never had much of an answer for them since it's not something we could control. 

I've tried installing the various samsung plugins in the Work profile with no success. If anyone has any suggestions about what system apps/plugins I should try, i can give it a shot. 

That was more than a year ago and I hate to say it, but i've been using a garmin watch and pretty much forgot about this issue until I decided to try the Active Watch 2. Same issue *homer DOH*... I went ahead and returned it the watch, but just this morning I stumbled upon a potential workaround that may help the non-Samsung phone users.

Basically, download Tasker, and Autonotification (in the personal profile) and configure them to forward notifications from whatever app you want (for me it was Teams and Outlook). 

Tasker will not directly pick up Work profile applications, but if you install that application in the personal profile as well, you can select it. Tasker will pick up the work and personal 

Here's a thread about something similar...

https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/aib5iv/tasker_fitbit_notifications/

Highlighted
Asteroid

My work profile doesn't support neither Task nor Autonotification.

I hear that Fibit supports work profile so I have to guess that it's up to Sammy to suppor this.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have work profile. I am using Google calendar and Gmail in the profile and I get notifications on my active watch 2. I am not using Samsung apps. Those don't seem to work, ironically. I did add the wearable app into my work profile too. Not sure if that helped.

Highlighted
Astronaut

The only workaround I have is that:

Our company uses Gmail / gsuite and therefore I am not getting notification on my watch as these are in the work profile.  In the personal profile I have outlook, in the outlook app there is the option to add a google email.  I did this and it added the account straight away.  I now have calendar and email notifications on my phone, albeit through outlook.  This is not an issue for me as it is the notification that means I pick up the phone to answer it.