cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usernfLks9O3PF
Astronaut

No notifications for work profile apps???

Just got the Active Watch 2 and love everything about it. Except for the fact that there's no notification support for work profile apps? Why? Has anyone figured out a workaround for this? Here's the details of my setup on my Pixel 3a XL:

My workplace requires us to set up a "work profile" on our phones, already part of Android OS, which provides app level encryption.. Keeps things secure and seperate from apps that are under the personal profile. 

I downloaded Galaxy Wear from the (personal) play store, and everything worked great except my calendar and email notifications were restricted to personal GCal and Gmail only, no work profile apps listed in the notifications settings at all, with no option to switch to work profile. 

So I reset and uninstalled everything (galaxy wear, active2 plugin) and tried the same setup process but this time from the work profile Play Store... I see the apps there, but I'm getting an error from the plugin that says "notifications access is not available for apps in the work profile"

I need to be able to see my work calendar and email notifications on my watch. That's a big reason why I got the watch in the first place. 

Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9
user6tNVDdIZ32
Astronaut

Re: No notifications for work profile apps???

I have the same problem. Keen to hear a solution. 

usermh5CQQVMxG
Constellation

Have the issue. The whole reason for getting the watch was to get work schedule notifications. But this makes it useless for that.

userbUMDFNWB2v
Constellation

I have the same issues. Support was no help.

user2F3rcARavS
Constellation

Any resolution on this? Now there is an outlook app too for samsung watch, does that help in getting notifications?

userbmMRaCYZdg
Constellation

This problem has been around pretty much since Work Profiles first showed up.  There's a work around some people have talked about specifcally on Samsung phones, but other than that, there's never even been a reply as far as I've seen.  If you look at Notifications in Galaxy Wear, it doesn't even list the Work Profile apps, so basically it's a complete non-starter until Samsung change it, which they've shown no interest in doing for the last couple of years at least.

Brewchester
Constellation

It seems like it's a problem for more people than just Samsung. Although they mention Samsung in this thread I have a feeling work profiles introduced some extra layers of security that even Google has to break down. https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/22182?hl=en 

Guess I'm going to have to use my watch as... well... a watch. At least it looks cool Smiley Wink

tyseft163
Constellation

this is a new problem for me as well.  Since I replaced a defective Google Pixel 3 with a factory refurb; I set up that device and it suddenly had Work profile for MDM apps.  Now, those apps don't notify on Samsung Galaxy S3 Frontier I've been using for 2+years without notification problems.  

userPDhOLBNqKW
Constellation

Facing the same problem. Has Samsung or Google acknowledged whethert are working on it?

userEZiFFt2QtP
Astronaut

Do you have any other watch software loaded? I realised I had the mi fit app that I used with my amazfit bip. Once I uninstalled this the notifications came through ok. Not sure about work profiles though.