cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

No sms messages in sms app on watch

Good evening everyone. 

I have set up my new galaxy active watch 1. It is all working except my sms messages. 

I receive sms notifications and can reply etc but when I go into my apps and go into my sms messages it just says "no messages"

I don't know if this watch is capable of viewing all sms that's on my phone or just recent ones? As I can view my whole phones email and call log history. Is there something I'm missing? As the messages is swiped to yes on the galaxy wearable app, I've cleared the cache, and I'm using the sms app that came with the phone which is a s10. Also I have tried using other sms apps too. 

Any advice would be great 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

Are you using Samsung Messages on your phone or Google Messages or something else, sometimes they don't play well with each other. Hope this helps
Asteroid

Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

Thank you for your reply, 

I assume I'm using Samsung messages as that's what was on the phone when I got it. 

so annoying I have tried everything I can think of... The only other thing I can think is that this watch is not capable or it's a hardware issue

Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

I can't replicate the issue so I can't figure out exactly what it is. Hopefully someone smarter than me comes along. Good luck.
Asteroid

Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

No problem. Thank you for your help.... Im just pleased someone replied as i didn't think anyone would. 

Just a quick question if I may.. Do you have the active watch 1?

Can you see all of your sms messages on your watch (that are on your phone too) or just the latest one to reply too? 

Re: Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

I have the Active2, but I remember having that issue before and can't remember exactly how I resolved it. Oh, and you're welcome.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

I couldn't quite afford that one unfortunately. It's a comfort that I'm not the only one to have this issue. Trouble is they don't come with a manual so I cannot find an answer to if it is supposed to have all sms or not. I have emailed Samsung so hopefully will find out some how. 

Re: Re: Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

Hang in there, more people will see this post.
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

Fingers crossed 🤞🙂

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No sms messages in sms app on watch

Had another thought. On your phone open the Galaxy Wear app. Go to Apps, select Messages (click on the word messages, Not the settings * next to it. You should see the following screen. Try force close, then open app. See if that helps maybe.

clipboard_image_1606873681170.jpg