Original topic:

No text message app or any communication app on my watch and no notifications

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 05:17 PM)
userQYxssz5qss
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a new Galaxy active 2 watch. I have a google pixel 5 phone. The watch shows connected to phone and gets calls. But I do not get text or email, or any other notifications. The watch has not text message app when I go tot he "phone" are on the watch where the text icon should be. The wearable app has all the communications active, but shows no apps either. If I go to the wear app, manage apps the only apps are the basic ones (alarm, calendar, music, etc), no text, gmail, yahoo, whats app, etc. If I go to the wear app and try to find the app to approve notifications, there are no apps showing to approve. Even the recently installed ones that show and are approve for notifications, do not give me any notifications in my watch?   Any help out there??????

2 Replies
Natcar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Having the same issue
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the GW and a Pixel 4 running Android 10. I get notifications from (Google) Messages on my phone. Are you saying the Messages app doesn't show in Wearables Notifications list? I have a Message app on my watch, but the messages that resides on my phone are not transferred (available) on my watch. I think only the texts I have sent from my watch shows up there. However, to text someone (of my contacts) from my watch I open Contacts on my watch and select text.

On my phone, I have selected to show details in the notifications and also to show on the lock screen (but I don't know if that matters. The first step is probably that the application needs to show up in wearables notification list.

0 Likes