cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPOd1sMX9xP
Constellation

No text messages on Galaxy Active with iPhone 6

Hi there,

I just got a Galaxy Active watch and paired it with my iPhone 6. However, I cannot find the messaging app on my Galaxy Watch.  I have checked in all settings menus and tried to install from the store—no luck. I understand I will not be able to reply from my watch when synced to an iPhone, but the salesperson said I could definitely view them. 

I have checked the compatibility of the phone, and the Samsung site says there are no issues. I have also installed the latest software on all pieces, as well as tried the fix of unpairing other Bluetooth devices and toggling it on and off. 

Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No text messages on Galaxy Active with iPhone 6

From what I know the messages feature won't work with a iPhone you can read this article about it part 3 is about texting 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techwiser.com/can-you-use-galaxy-watch-with-iphone/amp/

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userPOd1sMX9xP
Constellation

Thanks for the info! After playing with it a bit more and re-installing the device, I was able to get my text notifications. I didn’t realize they would only come through notification settings and not through a messaging app. The more you know! 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Yeah glad you were able to get it working 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless