cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beeftrash
Astronaut

No text messages on Galaxy Watch!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought the new Galaxy watch.  I have a One Plus 5 phone.  I do not see any text app.  I have looked everywhere.   Is this a compatability issue?  Do I have to have a Samsung phone in order to get the messaging app to work on the phone?  This is the dumbest smartwatch if so. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No text messages on Galaxy Watch!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't look like the One Plus 5 is fully compatible with the Galaxy Watch. More information can be found on the compatibility list here: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you see an option for messaging in your wearables app?

Beeftrash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't look like the One Plus 5 is fully compatible with the Galaxy Watch. More information can be found on the compatibility list here: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Beeftrash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what you are saying is that I should buy an adroid wear because samsung cant make it compatible? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not at all, it's entirely possible it will be made compatible. It's just not at this current time. I am unable to speculate on if our team will indeed do so though. I truly apologize for the inconveniences this causes. 

Beeftrash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Cole, until then I will have to wait or go another route.  Thank you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly understand, let me know if I can help with further questions or concerns! Smiley Happy

usergPFigzm5bd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Plan to return the watch if it can't do something this simple.  Needs update for something that should be basic smart watch function