cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOaFtqy9aYN
Constellation

Not Water Resistant

I purchased my Galaxy watch active because it was supposed to be water resistant and tracks swimming activity. I used the watch in the pool and it stopped working. I sent in for repair and they tell me it is out of warranty due to water leaking into motherboard. If the watch is water resistant, it must've had a defective seal, but Samsung is giving me the runaround and wants to charge me for repairs on a watch that had a factory defect. 

4 REPLIES 4
DisgruntledUK
Asteroid

Re: Not Water Resistant

I'm in the UK (and had to make up a zip code to sign up) but same here.  I didn't even go swimming in mine, or knock it or drop it or any of the things they warn about - the worst it's seen is a good downpour.  As they won't cover it, it's literally false advertising as it even says "wear it out in the rain" on their own website but they won't back their claims when damage occurs during the described use (i.e. feaulty seal).  We could do with collating reports of this, as it could stand as evidence they're frequently not sealed properly (it's hard to take legal action as at least in the UK, after 6 months the onus is on the buyer to prove there was an existing fault at time of sale - this is easier to do if you can show a trend of public reports)

In my case I continued to push and was 'escalated for a better solution' almost 2 weeks ago and nothing happened, and where the first line support used to respond within 24 hours they're no longer responding at all.  I'm pretty convinced the escalation is just code for being blacklisted, though I'm sure they'll start to respond if I'm offering to give them £154 for the repair! (Which I won't be - I can get a refurb off eBay for that, or brand new open box for about £199, and sell my old one for parts for around £50... there's just no point)

Thing is, as it stands, I think even doing that would put a bitter taste in my mouth.  I'd feel like I'm supporting a corrupt company.

There's still a chance for them to turn things around before I get more public and vocal, but the likelihood is looking slim.

userCfw8475rw4
Constellation

Same here just happened today.. same excuse. And I was just swimming. 

usertSkVOxe5tS
Asteroid

@ links to members

@samsung USA

Same thing happened to mine...and same runaround from Samsung tech support

diagnosis: water damage to motherboard...they want $125 to repair mine (still 3 months left on warranty). I'm still angry!

DisgruntledUK
Asteroid

Nothing happened with it.  Just kept parroting "we won't overturn the decision of our repair centre".   As a result I got quite vocal about it and have put off quite a few people from buying their devices, as I occasionally remind them on Twitter with screenshots.  They've most likely lost quite a lot more than if they'd just had an ounce of honour and covered it, but again, they don't seem to care about this, so their loss.  I will not be buying another Samsung product.