cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Not counting Steps

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me fix a problem on my galaxy 2 watch. It has stopped counting my steps as well as recording my bpm.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Not counting Steps

have you done a soft reset of the watch. Try that it helped my watch.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Not counting Steps

This is a cut from a different post that sounds like your issue.  I have the same problem with my Smart Watch.  Unfortunately I cannot find any reference to a new software update from Samsung that will resolve it.  The workaround described by Samsung Support below is not a sure thing from what I read as mixed results from different posters.  But something you can try.

Re: Galaxy Watch not counting floors

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

Note: Use the paired phone to check for software updates via the Galaxy Wearable app for the watch.

From the Apps screen, touch Samsung Health.
Rotate the bezel to and touch Settings.
Touch Workout detection.
Touch the switch to turn Off the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine. (The icon will turn gray when the function is turned off.)