Original topic:

Not getting Google messages sound or vibration notifications on my Galaxy Watch 6

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 10:15 AM)
Amythesingingnurse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a new Watch 6 and a new Galaxy S 24+. I do get text messages on my watch, but I have to open the app to see them. I have the notification settings correct as far as I can tell. I would like to get a vibration when I receive a text. This worked on my fitbit, I thought it would be easier on a galaxy watch. I have set the google text as my default messaging system on the new phone because that was the suggested app. Not sure if that is an issue. The texts come to my watch, I just don't get a notification.

7 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do you have the watch set to vibrate?  Is messages the only app you are not getting a vibration for?  If you are not getting vibrations for anything, you should check that you have vibrate on.  On the watch's settings, go to sound and vibration make sure the radio button for vibrate is on, then in the vibration section, you can set the  duration and strength of the vibration. Then in the notification vibration section, you can set the vibration "pattern"

0 Likes
Amythesingingnurse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do have those settings. Other apps notify me with sound and/or vibration
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Amythesingingnurse If other apps do it properly, then you may have it disabled for Google Messages. Have you checked in the wearable app -> watch -> Watch settings -> Notifications -> App notifications that Messages (white icon with blue text bubble) is enabled? Screenshot_20240405_085739_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

Amythesingingnurse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Those are all enabled
0 Likes
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I use an app called Textra instead of Google messages or Samsung messenger and have no issues getting the complete text received on my phone. I have a Watch 6 BT. Also have no issues with that app on my phone for years as well and again no issues.
May want to try this app.
Good luck
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Amythesingingnurse Also check the "Show phone notifications on watch" setting. You can find this in the wearable app -> watch -> Watch settings -> Notifications.

If this is set to "Show alerts when phone not in use" you won't get any watch notifications while you are using your phone. If you ALWAYS want to get the notifications on the watch, change this setting to "Show alerts even when phone in use".

0 Likes
Amythesingingnurse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The google messages app was set to silent on my phone. So that was the problem. I hadn't actually opened thet to check, as it had permission to notify me