Original topic:

Not happy with the decision to move to Wear o/s

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 03:17 PM)
userYe6ZsyItv5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think it's a mistake Samsung moving to Google Wear O/S. Tizen is so smooth vs Wear O/S. Google's track record with Wear O/S and the software issues not reliable for consumers (my opinion)

3 Replies
Gritzy21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agreed 100%. I wish Samsung would keep investing in Tizen and rolling it out more across their portfolio. I'd love to see the day where Samsung's flagship phones use Tizen and dropped Android completely. One can always dream I suppose lol
0 Likes
userYe6ZsyItv5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I can agree using Tizen on Samsung flagship phones. However, many consumers may not agree eliminating Android because OS habits are hard to break, especially when they've been using the Android for so long.
Gritzy21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah it'd be tough breaking the mold. Almost like going from Android to iOS but not as drastic. It's hard to say because Samsung is in basically every consumer electronics market there is, probably more so than any other company (not to mention they're #2 biggest microchip MFG in the world). That bring said, I'd like to see them continue R&D and investing in Tizen and maybe in a decade they can dump Android. I like Android but I'm not crazy about some of Googles "features' that come with it. Mostly related to privacy. Maybe one day though lol