Original topic:

Not showing calls on galaxy watch active since switching phones

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 11:17 AM)
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since I switched to Verizon my phone wont alert me of phone calls on my galaxy watch active. I switched back to Samsung phone, have text and call on other devices on. Yet no call on my watch. 

8 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Yamialex224 "text and call on other devices" is for tablets, etc. not for watches. 

If I understand correctly, you are getting a call to your phone but your watch isn't alerting you. If that is correct:

• Ensure that you have the "Phone services" notifications enabled in the Galaxy Wearable app -> Notifications. 
  • Ensure that your phone isn't on mute. If it is on mute, no notifications will be passed to the watch. 
  • In Galaxy Wearable app -> Notifications make sure the settings "Show only while wearing" and "Show while using phone" are configured properly. 
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's on vibrate and always is. All notifications are on
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

just confirming the basics first....did you check the watch notification settings? allow calls on the watch and notifications to show on the watch?

you can Reproduce issue then report to Wearable app > menu > contact us > error report

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Notifications are on. It's only calls Facebook shows my calendar shows
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

go to wearable app > notifications > check Phone is enabled.

0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
1) Check permissions on your phone app.
2) Also when you switched to Verizon, did you just swap sim card from your old carrier or you got another phone and had to reset your watch?

0 Likes
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had to reset network settings when I put in the new Verizon sim card. I wasn't reading 5G it was a communication error. 5G isn't in my area so resetting the network reset my wifi, my Bluetooth, the network data
0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Your watch probably backs up itself periodically unless that in galaxy wearable app. You can check to see if there is a recent backup and try to reset the watch.

0 Likes