cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray_001
Asteroid

Not update steps on Always On Display

Hello. I have recently bought the GW46. I am using a stock watchface, but if I have Always On Display turned on, doesn't count the steps. Better to say, does not adjust the counted steps. The steps will resume when I go to normal watch mode (after tilting down). Where is the problem? FW watches I have updated, S-Health also, mobile phone I have S10 +. Also, the steps in S-Health on your phone are only updated every only 3-4 hours, or when I start S-Health manually.

10 REPLIES 10
Neutron Star

Re: Not update steps on Always On Display

@Ray_001 wrote:

Hello. I have recently bought the GW46. I am using a stock watchface, but if I have Always On Display turned on, doesn't count the steps. Better to say, does not adjust the counted steps. The steps will resume when I go to normal watch mode (after tilting down). Where is the problem? FW watches I have updated, S-Health also, mobile phone I have S10 +. Also, the steps in S-Health on your phone are only updated every only 3-4 hours, or when I start S-Health manually.

I have GW42 and when I stare at the watch and walk, the steps don't instantly update, but there is some delay. If you continue to walk and not stop, the steps should keep counting.  I thin keeping watch display always on is mainly useful for the time, date...I wouldn't rely on it to show any steps propely.  As for the health app, there could be that phone syncs info between the watch at intervals.  Check to see if your health up is being optimized by the phone for battery consumption.

Go to settings>tap on magnifying glass> and type Optimize, then select Optimize battery usage.  Once there, tap on Apps not optimized and select All.  From the list find yout Health app and if it was optimized, then turn it off - at least try it to see if it will make any difference 

Ray_001
Asteroid

Thx, but steps on AOD does not update never. I have walking 1 hour and steps stays. And SHealth - opimize in battery settings is off

Neutron Star

@Ray_001 wrote:

Thx, but steps on AOD does not update never. I have walking 1 hour and steps stays. And SHealth - opimize in battery settings is off

Make sure your Galaxy Wearable app isn't optimized either.

AOD would negatively impact my 42mm watch and provided practically no useful data, so I turned it off.  Maybe it wasn't designed to update that kind of info on AOD.  Does it at least update time for you?

Ray_001
Asteroid

Everything is correct and updates - time, heart rate, battery. Only steps are not

Neutron Star

@Ray_001 wrote:

Everything is correct and updates - time, heart rate, battery. Only steps are not

So when you lift your wrist as if you want to look at the watch, does the screen light up brighter?

So I turned on my watch, then enabled AOD.  When I walk, AOD doesn't increase the step count, then I look at the watch, it updates the count - which is good.

Ray_001
Asteroid

I know, screen light up, but I do not want using wakeup on wirst. More drain battery

Neutron Star

@Ray_001 wrote:

I know, screen light up, but I do not want using wakeup on wirst. More drain battery

In that case, you can select "touch to wake up" and possibly your watch could update itself when you tap it.  I don't know if your watch got updated to OneUI because the above feature came with it.

Ray_001
Asteroid

Yes, I have One UI. Thx for help, but is shame, that everything is update on AOD every minutes or so, but steps are not. It's bug in fw

Samsung Care Ambassador

AOD is essentially a mode to provide the time while using minimal battery.

I'm guessing that updating the step count on AOD would cause a battery usage which is unacceptable during AOD use. 

That being said, if I was the designer of the watch face I wouldn't even put the step count on the AOD. That way no one would be confused as to why it is not updating.