cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdl1FOMJAuW
Asteroid

Notification Sounds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a new Galaxy Active watch.  Everything paired fine, but for whatever reason I cant figure out how to make notifications make an actual sound.  Vibration works, but sounds not so much.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Notification Sounds

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After further research, I'm afraid you are correct. It does not have a speaker, meaning this particular model would be unable to play sounds. I truly apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What phone are you pairing it with? 

userdl1FOMJAuW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a galaxy s9

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On the watch check in Settings -> Sound mode and verify that it is set to sound.

userdl1FOMJAuW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In settings I have:

Watch faces

Vibration

Display

Advanced

Connections

Apps

Security

Account

Accessibility

General

Battery

About Watch

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated your watch, phone, and wearables app recently?

userdl1FOMJAuW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brand new watch.  It installed an update when I synced it the first time.  Phone updated one day earlier this week.  Wearable App appears up to date

userdl1FOMJAuW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it appears there is no speaker on the active watc .   I assume that means I will not be able to get sound notifications.   This is NOT what is was told when I purchased the watch....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After further research, I'm afraid you are correct. It does not have a speaker, meaning this particular model would be unable to play sounds. I truly apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post