cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Numbersync

Numbersync does not work for galaxy watch 3 with AT&T. Please fix this. Extremely mad at this.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Numbersync

I believe this is a known issue that ATT is responsible for fixing. Have you reached out to them on the issue? They should have a helpful workaround for you!

Hope that helps!

--

Show me some love with a ❤️
Let me know if this helped by ✅ "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Supernova

@Gershak 

This reply help you out or solve your issue?

Let us know by accepting it as the solution. This lets others find that solution easily as well and is really appreciated.

1. Login to the Samsung Members app or site
  2.  Open the thread you posted.
  3. Click or tap "Accept as a solution"

To accept a post as a solution:

• On the web you can click "Accept as solution".
  • In the Samsung Members app find the post that helped, and tap the three vertical dots next to it, then tap "Accept as solution".

Your issue not resolved? Reply back with more info or the troubleshooting you've done so we can better assist.

Note: Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

UPDATE, I am posting this everywhere because I don't think the carriers or Samsung knows what's wrong

The latest update I got to my Active2 that also broke my Watch3 set the ATT APN to 'nextgenphone' which does not seem to be working yet.  I created a new APN 'Phone' like it used to have and the LTE data started again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G and a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. I am fairly technical as I've been in the tech field for some 20 years. This is a complete and utterly miserable failure on the part of Samsung AND AT&T to work together to address this issue. Having switched from an Apple configuraton as I do prefer Android I am totally shocked that such a simple issue has been allowed to affect customers for years with no solution. I am going to begin my Google posts warning folks to stay away. Buyer Beware ! I find that to be an effective method of warning people away from companies that do not address their concerns. I would advise that everyone experiencing this issue do the same. Perhaps then we will get an anwer ! 

Highlighted
Constellation

It seems the solution above does work, as I was facing the same deal, and I agree that this is a stupid faux pas for AT&T and Samsung to have overlooked. I don't know if their previous fix was undone by the recent firmware update for the ECG capability, but, again, the product owners should've had this on their radar. It seems the network profile (APN) being established in the watch is "nextgenphone", which should be appropriate for LTE devices, but the profile provisioned in the network is not matching, however, the "PHONE" APN is there and matches. Once I manually created the PHONE APN in the watch and switched to it, the NumberSync process was able to successfully complete for me. Here's the list of APNs for BYOD activations if you need it: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1062162/ .