Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Redefining the Smartwatch: Galaxy Watch 3 vs. Galaxy Watch

(Topic created: 09-18-2020 12:02 PM)
Samsung Team
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

When it comes to our wearable mobile products, we have always striven to find balance between useful efficiency and productive power. We want your devices to be able to handle all-day usage, while also being practical and functional across a range of activities. These concepts are especially true with the Galaxy Watch 3, the newest edition to the Galaxy Watch family. This is not just any smartwatch, but the Galaxy Watch 3 merges the refinement of a high-end timepiece with the functionality of a top-tier wearable device.

In the images below, we took a deeper dive into exactly what and how the Galaxy Watch series (and Samsung's wearable technology) has advanced over time. Not only has the Galaxy Watch 3 been optimized to allow users a more active and personal smartwatch experience, but, when compared to the Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Watch 3 is thinner and lighter, with a larger display. Galaxy Watch 3 also features premium design and provides health and wellness features that include blood oxygen and blood pressure monitoring as well as electrocardiogram readings.

Which version of the Galaxy Watch family do you have? Have you gotten your hands on a Galaxy Watch 3 yet? Drop your favorite uses, hints or comments below! :watch:️🙌

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.57.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 2.57.39 PM.png

137 Replies
JCendless
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
yup too blurry to read. using note 10+ and samsung member app
adminboed463
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
no apple is better
Josepy969
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
cool.
0 Likes
Aaron1955
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I bought the watch thinking we had BP app and oximetry...what happened. not pleased same as previous version
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Heart Rate and pulse ox are on watch.
Aaron1955
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
its the same 2 and 3...
0 Likes
DiosaVikinga
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Got the Watch 3 after having had the Galaxy Watch for only 2-3 mths because I could feel some discomfort/pain inside the wrist. I decided to give it a shot because I wanted to be able to pay at stores/restaurants w/a watch, and I needed a big Watch Face because my regular automatic watch was to small for me to see. I can say that I am very pleased with the watch, and it's has come through with the pay feature. I customized the watch band, and voila ... I love 💘 it.
CRPS_Warrior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 5G watch thru Verizon that I just recently purchased. The battery life is the biggest disappointment! I have only had it a little over a month now but wish so badly I hadn't spent my hard earned money (nearly $500) on an overpriced piece of "jewelry" since thats technically all it is because Im unable to use any of the "smart" features for longer than a few hours before the battery is completely drained. The watch doesn't last a whole day and throughout the night without needing to be charged first prior to going to bed so I may use the sleep app feature which was one of the many reasons why I finally decided to purchase this particular brand and model for all of the supposedly amazing features it offered. FYI: this is happening even with me not using any of the apps, features or having Wifi, mobile data, location, etc... turned on thoughout the day. Considering I purchased the 4G version to allow me to actually use it while Im cycling, exercising or when my Note9 is charging so I could still get my calls, texts, listen to music, etc... then its not even worth a 1 star rating!
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
wait you spent $500 for Active 2 and the Watch 3 price dropped few weeks ago to like $479? I had The Active 1 and was good for me good AOD display battery life over 15 hours and I swam in it all the time. The GPS tracking was great for bike rides.
CRPS_Warrior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes it was about $480 but its also the 5G so they are more expensive than the regular Bluetooth version...
0 Likes