cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZ2rbjD0O9c
Constellation

On Friday, Sept 20, my step counter, HR monitor & wrist activation stopped working.

I was refereeing a U17 competitive soccer game Friday night and realized at HT, that I was still on about 2600 steps for the day. This was very unlikely, seeing as how I was the center ref on a full sized pitch. (It's easy to do 10,000 steps during a match like this.) 

I did some initial research and saw others complaining of the same thing. So I disabled the rowing, elliptical, I've rebooted the watch and even factory reset the watch. I have not installed any previously installed apps, the watch is as out of the box as it comes. 

It still does not wake when I raise my wrist. It very infrequently count steps, for example I refereed 4 cames yesterday and it only counted about 1700 steps - I was on my feet running ALL day from 11:00 to 18:00. That is an easy 20,000.  When I attempt to log my heart rate, it will start up, find my sinus rhythm, track it for about 10-15 seconds, then show a message, "Couldn't measure heart rate. Try again."

This is the Model SM-R800, Software version R800XXU1CSG4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
user6YfbVNgowl
Constellation

Re: On Friday, Sept 20, my step counter, HR monitor & wrist activation stopped working.

Mine started doing the EXACT same thing on the 21st.

Mine also just happens to be about 2 months out of warranty, no idea what to do.

Model: SM-R760

Software R760xxu2esf2

userZ2rbjD0O9c
Constellation

Re: On Friday, Sept 20, my step counter, HR monitor & wrist activation stopped working.

I'm almost positive that I received an update on Thursday or Friday. I think this is what jacked it up.