cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKwYHpk2jBw
Astronaut

One UI update cause wrong step count

My Galaxy watch got new update (One UI) last night.  Ever since the update, my step count is not correct.  I did about 4000 steps but the watch already has 9400 step.  Any idea why and how to fix this?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
David444
Asteroid

Re: One UI update cause wrong step count

My watch is counting too few steps.  Check the Samsung Health app on your phone.Make sure that it is set to only count the steps recorded by your watch.  I just noticed that option is going on my phone.  If you go to the Samsung Health app on your phone.  Then tap on the the number of steps displayed.  Then then should be a oval that contains "All steps" or "Mobile Phone".  Tap on that and you can change what is counting your steps.  Since I always wear my watch and do not always have no phne on me, I choose "Watch only" option, but this is no longer available.  Samsung needs to add this option back.

userqPXg0OVYuF
Constellation

Same here! ADD IT BACK SAMSUNG!

userthyuM2t2fq
Constellation

Same issue here. Cant see my watch listed in Samsung health.  All i see is count all steps. I think its double counting. 

rickray
Asteroid

I don't have the problem.

My watch steps count 2085

Samsung Health app also showing all steps 2085

Mobile steps show 1755.

So it is quite accurate.

However, i noticed the first few steps didn't count issue is still there

user1PFKXXHy0d
Constellation

Same issue with me. As soon as I open Samsung health app, the steps counted by app get added to the steps on my watch. In a second the count gets almos dubble!! 

There are only 2 options in app; count all or mobile phone. Why did I then purchased the watch?

whery annoying!!! This never happened to me with Fitbit or Apple products. 

Starting to regret my purchase. 

Get your stuff together Samsung! I hope we won’t wait long for a solution. 

user1PFKXXHy0d
Constellation

I forgot to mention- even if I set app to mobile data only, the steps on my watch active still adds all the steps from phone every time I open the Samsung health app. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried clearing the cache and data on your Galaxy wearable app?

userkJeEiUqf4W
Constellation

Same here.  I sometimes only get a few thousand steps in because of my job and it's already recorded 4200 steps in the first few hours of the day.

EDIT: The problem seems to be under steps I had it only showing my gear steps, after the update it must of changed it to "All" which adds steps from the phone to the gear.  However now there is now no option for "Gear".  I do have my watch and phone synced.

userY51Rp739gy
Astronaut

Yes my watch just started doing the same. If I don't carry my phone the steps are pretty accurate (using me fitbit to measure) but as soon as I carry the phone, it adds those steps to the watch steps getting almost double the amount. When I go into Smasung Health, I can only choose "All Steps"  or "Phone and they isn't a selection for the watch anymore so I can only see those. Its a total bummer when I'm carrying the phone.  Using my Fitbit I walked over 17,000 steps and Samsung Health & Watch was showing over 26,000 steps?? Is there a work-around or fix? Be nice if I can just select my watch in the Samsung Health Steps Phone App