cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyabnet
Asteroid

Open Water Swimming

Been using the Galaxy Watch for coming up on 5 months training for an upcoming triathlon.

Other than occasional incorrect swim lap detection (25M, but much better when the pool is configured for 50m) and always final lap failed detections, it has surved its purpose for my pool swims. 

I'm looking through the watch menus, and I can't find any setting for open water swiming - is this simply not supported?  I am connecting to Samsung Health on my S9+ phone.

(edit - somehow had the wrong title)

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch GPS inaccurate

Are you using Samsung Health on your Galaxy watch?

Tyabnet
Asteroid

Yes I am using Samsung Health on both the watch and s9+ phone.

user5avVDdxDIC
Constellation

The latest update for the Galaxy watch added an open water option, but I have not tried it out yet.  As a triathlete, I'm pretty excited about it though!

userNXJSx0m5BO
Constellation

Hi did you test the galaxy watch on open water ?

userNXJSx0m5BO
Constellation

Hi, I have tested the galaxy watch in open water, it does not work Smiley Sad

I'm buying it for a garmin model, wich is suitable for open water.

user8tDK262uKb
Asteroid

I've tested, same bad outcome. I waited for it to lock GPS before start. It recorded time 21 mins correctly, but 0 yd distance, no route on map, and  a ridiculous calorie count (1300). Samsung health did a terrible job with the open water swim mode. For that matter, the pool mode is also buggy for me, on pause-resume of a pool workout, the lap count stops.

userjXQsZbIcJc
Constellation

@user8tDK262uKb wrote:

I've tested, same bad outcome. I waited for it to lock GPS before start. It recorded time 21 mins correctly, but 0 yd distance, no route on map, and  a ridiculous calorie count (1300). Samsung health did a terrible job with the open water swim mode. For that matter, the pool mode is also buggy for me, on pause-resume of a pool workout, the lap count stops.

That sounds like mine issue. Mine had gos lock but measured elevation of 41 meters? And silly 1476 cals for 2 minutes swim Smiley Sad Dear samsung rather add features that work!!! 

userRKD5i5YfZv
Constellation

Re: Open Water Swimming

Same here, no correct gps on open water swimming 

userB5IEoPLnxG
Constellation

Re: Open Water Swimming

1km in North Sea yesterday. Time was correct. Calories at 660, which I am not sure but don't care so much. Distance 0m, which means it is basically useless.