cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Overheating and Burning my skin

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Watch nearly 2 years now and other than the whole issue with STRAVA not updating the watch has been functioning as expected.  That is until today. 

This morning I completed a short 11 mile bike ride and everything seemed good.  About two hours after the ride had ended I started feeling a burning sensation on the wrist I had the watch on.  Of course I just thought my wrist was irritatted for some reason and didnt give it much thought.  Less than a minute later my wrist really began to burn so I took the watch off.  The watch was extremely hot to the touch, and when I flipped it over there was a message saying the watch was cooling down due to overheating.  My initial thought was "wow, this has never happened before" as the watch turned itself off.  A few hours later I went on a walk and put the watch back on and started it up.  About 15 minutes later it was a repeat of what happened before.  Now my skin now has a burned circle imprint of the watch sensor.

I see that quite a few people are having similar issues but there doesnt appear to be any resolution being posted.  What's the deal?

Model # SM-R800

• One UI ver (1.5)
  • Tizen ver (4.0.0.7)
  • Software ver (R800XXU1DSL1)
  • knox ver (2.4.0)
  • Knox Tizen SDK (2.4.0)
  • SE for Tizen (2.0.0)
  • TIMZ (3.0.0
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Overheating and Burning my skin

Oh no! I am so sorry this happened. Please send a private message with the serial number of the watch and any images of the burn you may have so I may assist you! http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.