cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Overheating to the point of burning while charging

My Galaxy Watch Active 2 has been constantly overheating while charging, so much so that it partially melted one plastic charger and has given me multiple minor burns. I repeatedly get a warning message saying that the watch is too hot to charge, and needs to cool down in which case I take it off the charger. For the past day or so, it has been losing battery while on the charger, in addition to the extreme overheating. I really need a fix, although I don't believe I could've caused it, since I take excellent care of my watch. Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Overheating to the point of burning while charging

Hello!

I can understand your concern experiencing these symptoms and I would like to assist you. Could you please provide me with the following information along with any photos of the symptoms you have experienced in a private message so I can assist you further?  https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:

Thank you!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Did you find out why? I grabbed my watch off the charger this morning and burned myself! I'm waiting to see if my watch will even turn back on now. This has never happened before!
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptom you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Well, I never found out why but about an hour after I put up the post I got a message from a Samsung rep. Basically, over a few weeks I sent him all of the details about the incidents and the serial number, and I was immediately offered a free repair/replacement. I'm pretty sure it's because I mentioned the burns and they were scared I would sue or something. They sent me a prepaid shipping label and withing 3 days of sending the watch to Samsung I got a brand new watch! At that point it would've probably cost more for them to repair anyway, since the night before shipping the watch overheated so badly that it melted all of the glue and the charger, making it fall apart, and leaving the heart rate sensor fused to the charger. I recommend that you contact Samsung customer service and mention the burns. You'll probably get free repairs or a new watch just like me! Overall 10/10 customer service experience.