cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Overheating

Don't understand why my galaxy smartwatch is overheating. I can't even use it. Last week it burned my wrist it got so hot. Is there a recall?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Overheating

Just off it and let it cool down

Highlighted
Constellation

Already tried that. It still over heats

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing and would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number, serial number/IMEI, and any pictures of the symptom you are experiencing in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

My wifes watch (same exact model as yours) did the same thing last night (7-5-2020), the sensor became so hot it burned my wifes wrist and the glue that holds the sensor glass melted so it is no longer attached to the watch. I also filed a report with Consumer Product Safety Commission CPSC.gov, everyone who is having an overheating problem needs to file a report. It is important to do this because of the danger, one: is the loss of use of the watch, second: is the potential for an injury, third: if this device catches fire while on the charger it can cause a house fire placing everyone at risk in the home.

I suggesting this because of safety, I was an inspector for the US Army in the feild of electronic's with over 20 years of experiance in the field. I trained soldiers and inspected their work daily on much more sophisticated equipment and reported systemic failures by product for suggested improvements. The Galaxy Watch is a danger (you & my wife burned) not to mention the larger implications of harms that could come from this overheating issue. 

Highlighted

This is happening to me as well.  Burning my arm I have the Rose gold SM-R810 as well.  Samsung needs to do something about this issue.