JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Oxygen Saturation measurement during sleep

(Topic created: 12-25-2020 06:48 AM)
Samsung_JtNNZqE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased the Galaxy Watch 3 because of its improved health features.  Just got the SpO2 feature turned on in the US.  However, I note that it's only manual/spot measurement.  I also have the Garmin VivoSmart 4 which will measure my oxygen saturation level at various points at night while I sleep.  Is there any plan for the Watch 3 to add this feature so you can monitor your O2 levels while you sleep (in addition to stages of sleep and sleep score)?  That would be a super helpful addition.

12 Replies
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Me too. I have the Active 2 and just recently bought the Vivoactive 4, mainly for this reason. Also for the dramatically longer battery life - which is why I suspect the Samsung does not have it. I believe it would kill the battery before the night was finished.

Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung listen and add 02 checks during sleep!!
userdb7fkSRNZc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where can I find this feature please 

userWHDRwBdx8B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Exactly what I was looking for. I recently upgraded from the FitBit Charge 4 and noticed Watch3 does not monitor Spo2 during sleep and is a manual check. This can easily be addressed using a software update. I just need to know whether Samsung plans on addressing this. Debating going back to my FitBit over this and returning the Watch. 

userCJoPGn86Sk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would also like to have my oxygen monitored during the night.

oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

A resounding "YES!".  I've switched back and forth between Samsung and Apple for a bit now, and while I truly do like the S20 Plus much better than the iPhone 11 Pro, the Samsung watch really does leave a bit lacking.  It would be a simple thing to do a firmware update and allow the SpO2 to be taken randomly during the day, and night, as Apple does.  The one other thing that I've had consistently with the 3 Galaxy watches (all 3 were Galaxy Watch 3's), is the heart rate falling off during an exercise, and sometimes even during the day.  It isn't a physical/watch problem, it's a software problem, as it has exhibited itself with all 3 of the watches I've owned.  PLEASE, SAMSUNG SAM, or whoever you are, relay this information to the powers that be, so they can make an actually usable watch.

KdrewH
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm on this train also. Hopefully this will be available in a software update soon!
JPT1981
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would love this feature
userqbVior7jbo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am returning my Galaxy Watch 3 because it doesn't monitor SpO2 automatically while I sleep.   Thanks for clarifying this.   I have tried to find this information for days.