cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

Pair multiple watches to single phone

Using a Note 10+ and Samsung Active2 watch.  What I'm finding is that I have to reset my watches if I want to switch to a different watch. I have one style for when I need to be dressier for work & another for personal/more active use. I was trying to find an answer in these boards and nobody has asked the question yet. I did see a response about using Samsung Pay on multiple devices that two watches should be able to connect.

I haven't been able to do so (not using Samsung Pay) IOW- I put on my work Active2 and wear it. Then another day I want to wear my casual Active2 and the app wants me to reset everything. Repeat when I switch back to the work Active2.

It seems as though Samsung would WANT to allow multiple devices of the same types to connect. It means more sales. At this point, if I don't find a solution I'll have to return my second watch. I had the same issue when I tried to test out connecting more than one set of earbuds. Not simultaneously mind you- the intial connection process has to be repeated each time.

Thanks for any insight.

12 REPLIES 12
JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

Re: Pair multiple watches to single phone

Anyone have an idea about this or should I just return my watch?

ampersandru
Constellation

You can pair multiple watches to one device but ONLY one watch can have Samsung Pay synced per phone. Annoying, I agree

JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

I'm not trying to use Samsung Pay. Every time I switch watches, it requires me to reset the watch. So I have to be sure to back it up each time I wear it, then have enough time to reset and re-pair.

Am I missing some sort of option that allows me to pair more than one w/out jumping through these hoops?Screenshot_20191014-082942_Watch Active Plugin.jpgThis is w/ a watch that has been paired w/ this phone multiple times.

JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

Anybody have a solution? 

Honored Contributor

@JJfnyx wrote:

Anybody have a solution? 

@JJfnyx 

I don't think it is possible to have multiple watches at least until Samsung decides to support it. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@JJfnyx Hi. I know it's late, but I'd like to confirm that 1 Galaxy phone can have (at least) 2 watches paired, without either being reset. Why am I so certain? Well, both my GW and GWA 40MM are linked to 1 phone. You can see for yourself in this screenshot.

Screenshot_20191018-185309_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

Ok. That means I need to troubleshoot. I was hoping at some point Samsung would weigh in. @SamsungAl maybe?

I wonder if it's b/c it's two GWA?

I tried shutting one down so there was only one to be detected, and it required a reset again. I'll have to research more and see where to begin troubleshooting, because it seems like settings are often tucked away where you don't expect it and I might have to change something on the watch and the phone...who knows.

Disconnect one before "switching" through the app. You're welcome

JJfnyx
Cosmic Ray

Not the solution. I did that twice, even turning off the watch after I disconnected. The Wearables app promptly "forgot" the previous watch as soon as I connected the second watch.