cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Pauses Workout and Will NOT resume

During workouts, if I rub the watch screen, it will pause. Watch says to "press back button to resume workout" but when I press the button to resume, it tries to open Samsung music. I have to contunualklly hit finish and restart workout, but mostly just gove up because t interferes with the workout too much, so the watch does not adequately record workout. Is there a fix for this?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Pauses Workout and Will NOT resume

Hello!

I can understand having to go through this to resume a work out could be frustrating. Have you been able to perform any troubleshooting? I would recommend checking to make sure the device is up to date along with resetting the watch. You can rest it by following the steps from this link. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Constellation

This is happening to my brand new watch as well. Super frustrating to have to stop your work out and mess with your watch. It happened 3 times today while trying to wipe the sweat off. Accidently bump it and then you are stuck and have to close out that work out and start a new one. There is also a thread related to this with the active watch 2. Please fix this. This is one of the main reasons for getting this watch. If it cant handle workouts, then it defeats the purpose of me owning one. No, resetting the watch does not help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey, I think I just figured this out. I was trying to replicate it while not working out. I think if our screen gets swiped, it goes to the music screen (was not aware I could perform this action). We hit the back button which then pauses the workout. When we hit back again, it goes to the music screen. If you hit the back button multiple times out of frustration it goes to Samsung pay. Try this, next time this happens, swipe right. I think we are just accidently swiping to music during our workout, but when we hit the back button we are stopping the work out. When we hit back again, it takes us to music (but the workout is active) we just need to swipe back to the workout screen. Disabling the swipe to music screen during a workout would prevent this issue if it is the problem or allowing us to hit back and get to the workout screen again.

Highlighted
Constellation

I've had this same issue during a workout, most recently last week. I just tried to replicate it and it appears they fixed it. When you press the back button, it unpauses the workout. Make sure you have the most recent update.

Highlighted
Astronaut

GENIUS!  Thank you for that it works and it was driving me bananas.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you!  I had had that happen as well, and didn't know what caused it, but I see now I can swipe back and forth to the music screen during workout.  Like othrs, I assumed it had not restarted the workout, but had been starting to wonder if it was, ad I just couldn't see it.  I guess the swipe is a nice feature (once you know about it) since I usually listen to things during workout.