cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Phone not ringing and no text notification from message+

I'm trying to connect my dad's LG phone to his new active2 watch.  I have 2 issues...

1.) I can't seem to get notifications for texts from message+(The verizon messaging app). 

2.) When a call comes in I can get it on my watch (both ring and vibration) but my phone e itself doesn't ring.  Can that be changed? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone not ringing and no text notification from message+

Hey @usersdTPBNRwLy  does your Dad have the Galaxy Wear app installed on his LG? Through that app you have the ability to enable notifications to come from the default messaging app that notifications are coming in from. 

To do this: open the Galaxy Wear app> tap "notifications"> look for the messenging app you want notifications to come down to your dad's watch active 2> and toggle it on. 

For your second question: are you able to go into the notification settings on your dad's LG phone and toggle those on and off as well? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you that worked for the text messages.  It was not showing before but was sorted by most recent.  Once I sorted by all I could see the message plus app.  

However the phone itself doesn't ring.  He gets notification on the watch for an incoming call but wants both the watch and the phone to ring. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@usersdTPBNRwLy Hey, im glad that the first option worked out for you. It might be a bit tricky diagnosing what the issue could be there since the phone is of a different manufacturer. However I do know that all Android devices usually have dafault volume and vibrate settings someewhere in the settings menu. Usually they're under something like "ringer" or something like that.