cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Graywolfman
Asteroid

Please Allow Other Messenger Apps

Since Google is rolling out RCS on Android messages I am using that, now. Unfortunately, Android messages does not work with the Galaxy watch. Other watches are able to do so, so I would love to be able to use third-party - or even Google main - apps with my watch. Please update the watch software to do so!

6 REPLIES 6
KurtisBMusic
Cosmic Ray

Re: Please Allow Other Messenger Apps

What do you mean by Google Messages doesn't work with the watch? You can't read the messages or reply to them or what?

useral7edx3Qwj
Astronaut

Google Messages don't sync to the watch. 

Graywolfman
Asteroid

The watch only allows the usage of Samsung Messages. When you set it to Android Messages and try to access your messages, it pops up a warning asking "Make messages your default messaging app?" Each and every time. You can send messages and view the latest one via a notification, but outside that you can't read any messages you have received on the watch. Other smart watches let you change from the default, so this is a basic feature miss for me and other that I know and have the same watch.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Graywolfman wrote:

The watch only allows the usage of Samsung Messages. When you set it to Android Messages and try to access your messages, it pops up a warning asking "Make messages your default messaging app?" Each and every time. You can send messages and view the latest one via a notification, but outside that you can't read any messages you have received on the watch. Other smart watches let you change from the default, so this is a basic feature miss for me and other that I know and have the same watch.

I use Textra with no issues at all. 

Graywolfman
Asteroid

Samsung support has stated they do not support Android Messages work the Galaxy Watch. I will forgo using my watch for texting to keep the RCS, a.k.a Chat, functionalities that Android Messages now provides. I still think it's a miss that Samsung doesn't support Android Messages since it is the app that Google makes for their own operating system which Samsung uses.

gherman222
Asteroid

I can use Google Messages on my Galaxy Active watch.