JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please allow users to hide apps on Watch 4/5/6

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 01:26 PM)
liquid_ghost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This feature isn't available for the watch 4 and 5 but why? It's a great feature. Please add it to a future update

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@liquid_ghost Not sure this does exactly what you are looking for but you can uninstall apps from the GW 5 itself.

1. On the watch swipe up to see the app screen. 
  2. Click on the Play store icon.
  3. Scroll down until you find Manage apps and click on it. 
  4. Long press on the icon that you want to uninstall. And release. 
  5. On the screen that opens, scroll below the Open button and you will see the Uninstall button. 
0 Likes
liquid_ghost
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you. That is true, but the app I am trying to hide coincides with another app I am using.
alphamax
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
+1 I want to be able to hide also system apps that are not listed in play store.
deniswj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

+1

I don't understand why the developers decided to take the ability to hide system apps away. It's annoying. I want to keep my Apps tile nice and clean.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
Members_CRPtbu8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Another post to request that we be able to UNINSTALL and/or HIDE apps. The apps screen can feel entirely cluttered with apps I do not use (either brand or function). I would LOVE it if I didn't feel absolutely forced into yet another ecosystem. Any update on a time when users can go back to personalizing their watches that fit their needs and not Samsung's?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes
8NTSTR8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm going INSANE! How do I hide (Samsung) apps on my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic? Samsung's help page is outdated...or just wrong ☹️
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can't hide apps on your watch. I put all of the Samsung apps into a folder

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.