Original topic:

Price Matching

(Topic created: Sunday)
Jazzyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Issue:

Purchased a Watch Ultra a month ago (exactly 30 days). Got a new offer for a better discount. When asked for price match, the agents referred to a company policy that said that there is a two weeks (15 days) limitation - price matched only within 15 days of the delivery date. My request was rejected.

When asked for this policy in fine print, agents answered that that information is for agents only and not available to consumers. Instead, they offered a phone number to a company called "Daewoo International" that deals with parts to see if they can help. WHAT? 

There doesn't appear to be any information about price matching in words throughout their entire website (restricted to Samsung - US). Oddly, Samsung Canada has more information on the same issue.

Summary:

Samsung offers Price Matching in the United States. But they'll never show you the fine print of this promotion. Potential business malpractice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Most companies that have price match limit it to a certain period of time - could be anywhere from 15 to 90 days, and is usually around 30, which is the return period for most stores. Samsung can set the policy, but I agree, it should be a publicly stated written policy.  If there is a policy that says they offer a price match, the fine print is usually with that policy. But, unless the savings is for hundreds of dollars, is it really worth it to get aggravated about it?  if you were beyond the price match, but still within the return period, I just would have returned it and taken advantage of the new offer.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Most companies that have price match limit it to a certain period of time - could be anywhere from 15 to 90 days, and is usually around 30, which is the return period for most stores. Samsung can set the policy, but I agree, it should be a publicly stated written policy.  If there is a policy that says they offer a price match, the fine print is usually with that policy. But, unless the savings is for hundreds of dollars, is it really worth it to get aggravated about it?  if you were beyond the price match, but still within the return period, I just would have returned it and taken advantage of the new offer.

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
According to the Samsung website it's 7 days from purchase date
0 Likes
Jazzyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That might be the case in the EU. That's certainly not the case in the United States per my research. 

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Believe was a us Samsung site
0 Likes
Jazzyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Care to share the url?

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Actually called Samsung it's 15 days from the purchase
0 Likes
Jazzyss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/shop/outlet/#faqs

This FAQ page is about the only thing that articulates the "15 days rule," that is publicly available - when observed closely, this FAQ page is unique to Samsung outlet products. 

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Means you were not in the 15 days than for it to qualify
0 Likes