cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMabSysF6ON
Constellation

Quick fix for S3 watch battery drain

Gear S3 Classic: Sudden Battery Drain

Okay boys and girls, enough of all this nonsense. I too, like you reading this, have read all the ideas for solving battery drain on the S3. This is all you need to do.....

1. Go to SETTINGS on watch, tap it.

2. Scroll down to ABOUT WATCH tap it. 

3. Scroll down to REPORT DIAGNOSTIC AND USAGE INFO tap it.

4. Switch to ON

Your problem is now solved. I know it sounds counterintuitive as it would indicate the watch would be using more juice, but it doesn't, it just fixes a bug in the watch software. Go and enjoy your new invigorated S3!

7 REPLIES 7
useruQNZ2P30D5
Constellation

Re: Quick fix for S3 watch battery drain

ill try that as soon as my watch reboots if it does ( have tried at least 10 times with 28% batter).. im sure samsung wont fix my watch if it becomes a paper weight considering their update potentially made it a brick!! 

side note.. my friend sent her rose gold ( 2 month old ) due to the battery drain issue ( samsung said to ship it in ) and they sent it back with a dead main board and want to charge her for fixing it <edit>.. 

userlM5NHxVuRh
Constellation

I called Samsung. They wanted over $200 to replace the battery. So...I bought one off of Amazon for $20. Swapped the battery, but the same problem exists. It's definitely software related. This started happening about a month ago immediately after an update. The day before that, the battery was fine (easily 1.5 days before needing a charge). Now it's 8hrs Max. Please help!

Per Samsung's direction, I  have"calibrated" the battery by draining it completely, turning it on and letting it drain again. Then fully charging it, and then turn it on (I did this sveral times). I have also performed a factory reset, 2 times. 

NSL1952
Constellation

Tried this too. No luck!

userpDqfJLgR9e
Constellation

There is also a thing that helped me.

1. After reset open all the apps and allow the permissions.

2. Disable S-Voice wake up.

NSL1952
Constellation

Tried it and it didn't work. Watch goes from 100% to 35% in a couple of hours.

arl16
Constellation

I tried this as well. Still not working.

I finally gave up and replaced the battery. Same issue - still won't hold a charge - it actually goes down in the cradle!

Anyone have any other ideas?!

Jonecat
Asteroid

What if watch wont power up enough to go to setting?????