cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rash?

I have a rash on my arm from wearing my 42mm galaxy watch. It itches and even sometimes hurts. What is causing this? It goes all the way around my wrist.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Rash?

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message as well as pictures of the symptoms you are experiencing: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userjwMyfURyTq
Constellation

@SamsungAdam I have the same exact issue. TODAY I have spoken to 6 different representatives from Samsung via chat and on the phone. 3 Hours of explaining to each rep the issue. Samsung does not give CARE about their customers. I've been a loyal samsung customer for decades from my plain old Flat screens to smart Tv's,  galaxy S, S4, S6, S8, samsung galaxy Tab S and Tab S4, laptop and now smart watch. When I lost my fitbit I debated between Apple and the Samsung, but decided i'd stick with Samsung. 3 weeks later I have a rash on my wrist the size of the strap. Every customer service rep from samsung has dismissed me today. They all claimed that the strap is not covered or considered a manufacturer defect. After spending almost $400 on this watch I am appauled by the treatment I have received. I have filed a complaint to the BBB and will post on social media the images of my rash as well as my experience with Samsung. NEVER again will I purchase another samsung product. 

By the way Samsung is fully aware that the band gives rashed and were previously offering a replacement band which I was told by one of their reps they will no longer offer to their customer.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

I absolutely agree! Can't even send me a new band without me first sending them my entire watch. It's ridiculous.  There might be a lawsuit here.

userjwMyfURyTq
Constellation

Agreed. Atleast the offered you a replacement band. They didnt want to offer me one or assist me in returning the watch. They are taking no responsibility whatsoever for what their product causes. 

userPHn7RCLzub
Asteroid

I have the same issue and observation so far. Samsung is closely monitoring anyone with rash/irritation complaints and immediately (less than 2 hours) reaching out for private conversation. In most cases, they re-pay them and buried the complaint but NOT providing detail on why it happens to the customer.  I do have a full Samsung eco-system but recent customer service encounters -- am really frustrated as they don't have any sense of severity where-in such product is causing harm to the human body. 

Here is a link for my post and I am not going to close until get real answer about irritation. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Skin-Rash-Irritation-by-Samsung-S3-Gear-Silicon-Ban...

I would just love for them to replace the band or even offer a full refund for the watch for all the trouble.  It wouldn't let me reply to the other guy's comment. If Samsung were to take responsibility and try to fix the issue and also make sure it's not something they are trying to hide then I would be ok with it. I cannot wear my watch everyday because I get the rash if worn more than 14 or so hours. Its ridiculous.  I've never had an issue with sensitive skin. 

Pilotgod
Constellation

I have this issue with any silicone band, they just don't breathe well and more than 6 or so hours causes issues. The hotter it is, the worse it is. It doesn't matter if it Samsung, Casio, or someone else. As such, I just get a 3red party metal bracelet. Thankfully, unlike other smartwatch brands, Samsung uses standard watch sizing and attachments so any 20mm or 22mm (depending on watch) band fits. One of the main reasons I have had the Galaxy Watch since launch.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I had the same problem. Got a horrible, painful rash from the band for the Gear S3. I ended up buying a leather band off Amazon and no more rash.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.