JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reading NFC tag using Galaxy Active 2 Watch

(Topic created: 02-28-2020 12:12 AM)
psbs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an application, where I want my app on Galaxy Active 2 watch reads a NFC tag and takes an action. Where can I find documentation to program watch for NFC reader?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
psbs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, Leinz. I am in touch with folks on developer's network. Looks like we may have a solution but still working on it. Will post here too once have the solution.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi @psbs. NFC is meant for use with SPay at point-of-sales terminals. I've not heard of it being used with applications that reside outside of wireless payments. 

In this case I'd encourage you to try Samsung's developer forum. The watch has a debug/dev mode, but whether that expands NFC usage is a mystery to me. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Solution
psbs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, Leinz. I am in touch with folks on developer's network. Looks like we may have a solution but still working on it. Will post here too once have the solution.

View solution in context

userBJMZGUNuzp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, @psbs !  Was this ever completed?  I found this thread while researching the same question and was curious.

userxTVIgfa9LT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
still checking 1 year later. has this been completed yet?
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes
sygys
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a domotica system using home assistant in my house. This system allows me to to read nfc tags with my phone and giving home assistant the right command to for example turn the lights on. It would be great if the nfc feature on the watch would send the info to the phone connected so that i can turn on lights, the television or even my computer just by waving my watch near an nfc tag.

Im pretty surprised that people giving support hear havent even heard of other ways to use NFC...

So the real question is.. does the watch active 2 send the info read in the NFC tag to the phone? Or will it just give a read error because its not payment thing

Samsung_W7z3esh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi

I heard that Sansung phone in China have a function in Samsung Pay as a key fob. I really want to get this function.

0 Likes
userxTVIgfa9LT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would love this question to be answered. I am also looking for a better solution to pulling out my phone when I want to scan an nfc tag. I use home assistant to auromate my house. will I be able to use my watch to scan nfc tags?
0 Likes