Original topic:

Reboot Loop!

(Topic created: 07-07-2020 02:07 PM)
Samsung_67Z6Kju
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (1st gen). My watch was charged up to 100% before Christmas and powered OFF. I just pulled it out today, Firday, to leave home and it showed "reboot" below the screen logo. I thought, its not ready right now and left it "rebooting" on the dresser. When I returned home from the store, it was just a black screen. I turn it on again and it says "rebooting" below the logo again and goes black immediately after that. It has continued to do that multiple times and now, Nothing. It wont even show rebooting anymore.

This watch never goes in the shower with me. I only wear it for work using the quick note and calendar and alarm features. I also text my kids and husband as needed. I am not a sportsman nor do I ever swim. There is absolutely no reason for this watch to be dead besides being a defective product. 

I bought this watch brand new from Best Buy in August of this year. I just bought my daughter a matching one for Christmas because I liked mine so much! I even bought a S10+ phone thinking Samsung is top-notch quality and then this happens! I think I should return my daughters watch immediately. 

Who do I contact about this defective watch? Help.

9 Replies
Solution
Samsung_67Z6Kju
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was able to chat with support. 

I was instructed to power the watch on while on the charger by holding the power button for 10 seconds. (Strangely enough, it did now show a 1% charge...).

Next, it read something like "resetting" or "reconfiguring". My new phone immediately began trying to link with the watch and the galaxy wearable app started up. 

The pairing process took longer than usual (a total of 25 to 30 minutes), the watch has continued to charge regularly afterwards, and has restarted with the factory settings. 

I hope this is helpful for anyone else experiencing this issue. 

userOvJoOHE7CK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

What if that doesn't work? 

chloebear06
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
thank you so much for this post I took these exact steps and worked flawlessly, mine was stuck on start up screen, saying samsung active 2 and in blue color below that said rebooting. and just kept flashing til it ran battery down. I also have a s10+, a soft wear uodate was due on my phone anyway so I seen this post and thought well one more google search and I'm done with this and I came across this post. I followed the steps while phone updating and worked 1st time. so thank you for this.
userOvJoOHE7CK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

When I attempted to that nothing changes.  The screen stays black and the red light on the charger keeps blinking red. 

userkIfCgihLWH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here still stuck on loading screen but the red light is not blinking so i assume its still charging but just stuck on the loop.  Its a shame because its a lovely watch and i prefer the bezel to my Huawei gt watch but at least that one works

0 Likes
userWNYL8vXPTY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This issue is a known Samsung issue; I sent mine in for repair, was quoted $80 to repair, jsust got an email letting me know that the total repair cost would be $312 to fix a known samsung issue.  Ridiculous. I can buy a new one for that.  How Samsung can charge that much for an issue that I am extrememly confident that was generated from Samsung is beyond me.  I have a hard time believing that so many people started experienceing the same  issue about the same time and it is not an issue they will fix.  I have a wide renge of Samsung gear, maybe it is time to try another brand.  Very, Very disappointed.  Sick.

0 Likes
userWNYL8vXPTY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This issue is a known Samsung issue; I sent mine in for repair, was quoted $80 to repair, jsust got an email letting me know that the total repair cost would be $312 to fix a known samsung issue.  Ridiculous. I can buy a new one for that.  How Samsung can charge that much for an issue that I am extrememly confident that was generated from Samsung is beyond me.  I have a hard time believing that so many people started experienceing the same  issue about the same time and it is not an issue they will fix.  I have a wide renge of Samsung gear, maybe it is time to try another brand.  Very, Very disappointed.  Sick.

0 Likes
user36FpqeAE4J
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is absurd! I have the same problem, and Samsung is charging me $220 (well at least less than $312). They said it is due to liquid. I'm surprised because I always remove my watch when washing my hands. The only liquid I know is my sweat when I am working out, but I do not sweat THAT MUCH. Ya, people having the same problem at the same time. I am very disappointed! 

0 Likes
useroH229y0bgo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

samsung is looting people

its a scam!

0 Likes