cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBwHIjqnKIR
Cosmic Ray

Receiving sms while on Android Auto and wearing Galaxy Watch, which sms app to use?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using a Galaxy S10 on T-Mobile and I have a Kenwood Android Auto head unit in my car. I had own a S3 Frontier LTE when it first came, loved  it EXCEPT for S Voice and how Samsung Messages would not work in AA and Android Messages wouldn't work in the S3 ( texts would not be forwarded in stand alone LTE mode).

Has anything changed to allow Android Messages to be used on the Galaxy Watch in standalone LTE mode? I cant be the only person to have encountered this issue. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Receiving sms while on Android Auto and wearing Galaxy Watch, which sms app to use?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly understand your concerns. We appreciate the feedback and have already escalated this to our development teams.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Receiving sms while on Android Auto and wearing Galaxy Watch, which sms app to use?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBwHIjqnKIR Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

userBwHIjqnKIR
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did. Is Samsung Messages now compatible with Android Auto? I really want to use it but if it's not, I may have to continue using Wear OS watches. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBwHIjqnKIR The stock messenger app is not compatible with android auto. The android messages app is what is recommended. 

userBwHIjqnKIR
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see, but then I won't be able to get sms forwarded to my Galaxy watch while in standalone LTE mode. 

Just wish Samsung Messages is compatible with AA and negate this issue with their smartwatches. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I certainly understand your concerns. We appreciate the feedback and have already escalated this to our development teams.

Highlighted
userBwHIjqnKIR
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Adam! I'll end up sticking with the Active 2 anyways.