cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userqcWKbpgzQm
Constellation

Remote Connection - Verizon

I just purchased the Galaxy Watch - LTE from Verizon.  Notifications work fine if the watch is connected to the phone via BlueTooth.  I am able to get phone calls on my watch when not in BlueTooth range of my phone, but I do not get any text messages.  I have read several things about Remote Connection using the Samsung Account, but that never seems to work.  The watch is either connected to the phone via BlueTooth, or it is in Stand Alone.  Anyone else have this issue? is there a work around or fix?

4 REPLIES 4
userqcWKbpgzQm
Constellation

Re: Remote Connection - Verizon

I have tried repairing the watch to my phone.  The Wearables app shows that Remote Connection is enabled.  I have tried both Wifi and Mobile Networks, but neither work.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there!

Have you tried clearing the cache of your wearables application?

Settings>Applications>Wearables>Storage>Clear Cache and restart your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userH2OTvpbGBW
Constellation

This issue is systemic, and instructed the user to "clear cache" is not going to fix the issue.  

I've had a Gear S3 Frontier for 2 years, and the remote connection worked until the latest Tizen Update.  I am running:

Android Apps

Official Gear Wearable App  v2.2.24.19031361

Official Gear S Plugin v2.2.03.19051041N

Offical Samsung Accesory Service v3.1.93.90418

Watch Info:

Hardware Verison REV1.0

Model SM-R765V

One UI Version 1.0

Tizen Version 4.0.0.4

Software Version R765VVRU1CSD6

KNOX Version 2.3.1

Remote connection over WiFi and LTE worked perfectly until the watch upgraded to the latest software version on the watch which triggered the upgrade to the latest version of the Android Apps.  This did not solve the remote connection problem and created a new problem.  I now cannot transfer music tracks from the Gear Wearable App to the Phone without the app crashing.  I have reported this several times in the app feedback module.  

After troubleshooting while watching the data bits being pushed over the BT stack, it looks like the Gear Apps are unable to provision the watch with the unboard Samsung Account.  Without the watch being able to store the Samsung Account the watch will not attempt to connect to the Samsung Remote Connection servers to allow a "remote connection".  It also appears that there is a fail loop in the Gear Wearable App regarding the Samsung Account.  My credentials never seem to stay persistant, but only for the Galaxy Store portion of the app.  Each time I try to log into the Samsung Cloud I either have to provide my credentials where it fails, or it just simply fails.  

There is an issue with the latest Gear Wearable App/Gear S Plugin/Accesory Service combination and the Samsung Cloud Servers that Samsung does not want to admit and has zero interest in correcting which eliminates one of the best features of the watch.  

userdEKf6QFPRS
Astronaut

that happened with me.  Make sure your watch is connected via bluetooth.  Open your Samsung Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.  Go to Account and Backup then make sure the Remote Connection is turned on.  Then you can turn off your bluetooth and wait for your watch to find the network.  This takes a minute.  It should then show Connected Remotely - Verizon and your text messages should show.  You may also want to check on the Galaxy Wearable app that you have Messages turned on in the Notifications Block/Allow.