Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LAB68
Cosmic Ray

Remote connection stopped working July 6th

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Saturday morning my Galaxy watch LTE stopped connecting remotely with my Galaxy S9 plus phone. I have tried all the suggestions in the other posts and nothing works. This seems to be a problem that keeps happening. I depend on my watch to work correctly when my phone is not with me. This is the reason I bought the watch. Samsung can you please fix the issue. It's not our watchs  or phones. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LAB68
Cosmic Ray

Re: Remote connection stopped working July 6th

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just connected the watch and phone by Bluetooth, then disconnected the Bluetooth and it finally connected remotely

15 REPLIES 15
userz4dxLLefj2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes started on Saturday! Same exact issues! My watch worked beautifully until that day, and it's not just mine but many coworkers! Samsung please fix!

@LAB68 wrote:

Saturday morning my Galaxy watch LTE stopped connecting remotely with my Galaxy S9 plus phone. I have tried all the suggestions in the other posts and nothing works. This seems to be a problem that keeps happening. I depend on my watch to work correctly when my phone is not with me. This is the reason I bought the watch. Samsung can you please fix the issue. It's not our watchs  or phones. 

@LAB68 wrote:

@LAB68 wrote:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please get your full model number, baseband version, Bluetooth or LTE, the device your watch is paired with as well as the Android version on the device?

LAB68
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number- SM-R815U

Baseband Version- One UI Version 1.0

LTE

Phone- Galaxy S9 Plus. Android 9

userPv5fEtiVCa
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My remote connection suddenly stopped working on July 6th as well.

All attempts to troubleshoot the problem has not worked.

Gear S3 Model SM-R775V

Software:  One UI version 1.0

Verizon Wireless

Paired with Samsung Galaxy S9

Android Version 9

useriaguLPYi0c
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Received Verizon software update on S10 plus on July 6 and after the phone updated I can no longer connect remotely. This was an issue when I first bought the watch and was resolved through an update pretty quickly. 

LAB68
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't get any updates from Verizon on my phone July 6th. The last update was on June 16th.

LAB68
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just connected the watch and phone by Bluetooth, then disconnected the Bluetooth and it finally connected remotely

Toot27
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried that

And after 30 mins it's connecting now

Hopefully it lasts 

WatchFrustrate
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  My Gear S3 won't send or receive text messages using my phones number when not connected on Bluetooth.  It keeps wanting to use the watch's number if I try to send a text.  Text sent to me do not show up on the watch.   This just started happening this past weekend.  It will make & receive calls using the phone's number, but it won't send or receive text messages using the phone's number. 

Watch Model SM-R765V,  One UI Version 1.0, LTE, Tizen 4.0.0.4

Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Android Version 9