cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnArtfulPenguin
Constellation

Replacing my current WearOS... to either a Fossil Gen 5 or Galaxy Watch... However... questions

Thinking of Samsung Galaxy Watch 2 replace my WearOS watch. 

The TWO biggest negatives MOST EVERY reviewer has for the Galaxy Watch.

1. Limited apps for the watch.

2. Bixby isn't good. Answer to simple questions fails A LOT & not able to ask 4 navigation.

Is Samsung really encouraging app production for the watch?

Is Samsung actively work HARD to get Bixby up to a more useable state, or is it considered good and stable where it is?  I've heard voice recognition is a bit iffy.

What about Navigation? 

Why not just work Google apps into the watch like maps.  Seems like a bit of head butting since most everyone on the planet has some sort of google they use.
Why reinvent something that is many levels above what you currently have? Or have them both available.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Replacing my current WearOS... to either a Fossil Gen 5 or Galaxy Watch... However... questions

Bixby works to set a timer or reminder in the watch or to tell you a (coarse) weather prediction. Not much else. I could use a better stop watch than Samsungs (and there are a bunch in the store to try) but otherwise I have what I need (some for a small fee).

To me the real positives are:

1) Works with Watchmaker (so I have made my own watchface focused on calendar bookings).

2) Samsung Pay.

(It's not so good for activity tracking, but that is not high on my list.)