cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S Health cycling workout doesn't display heart rate from Gear Sport

I just started using the Samsung Health app on my Note 9 for cycling rides.  I wear a Galaxy Sport watch that is connected in the Health app and it syncs just fine.  When I start the cycling workout on my phone, the duration, distance, speed, etc., all display on my phone, but it doesn't seem to pull in and display the heart rate from my watch.  Seems like it would be an obvious measurement to display during a cycling ride, but I don't see a way to get it to show up.  It looks like I could add other sensors that transmit ANT+ signals, but there's no option to show the heart rate from my Sport.  Both the app and my Sport have the latest updates.  The Sport is set to continuously monitor my heart rate.  Is there a setting that I've missed?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S Health cycling workout doesn't display heart rate from Gear Sport

I do not have a easy solution.  I have never gotten the cycling to work properly.  It use to give me HR and time with cal for a while with HR intermittent.  After the recent update it is only a fancy timer.  I have to use Always-on Heart Rate to keep track of my HR.  Some people also use Heart Rate Graphic.  Hope this gives you some options.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the exact same problem. I use my Galaxy S20 to track my bike ride. The reason why I use the phone is because a have a cadence and speed sensor connected to my phone via ant+. In the accessories section in SHealth, other than my sensors, I also have my watch active 2 as a connected device. Since the watch is connected as a device, I would think that SHealth would be able to pull heart rate info from the watch. I chatted with Samsung support about this and they told me it should work but could not help me figure out how to fix it. Anyone got this working?

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue. I have the DuoTrap cadence and speed sensor but I can't get watch to monitor my HR and cadence. Why is this so hard Samsung???

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just got my Garmin cad/spd sensors and same issue, no heart rate. This defeats the purpose of the app. Fix it Samsung, please.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend that you call in and talk to our Samsung Health department 1-855-795-0509