Original topic:

S23 Ultra Health App / Galaxy Watch (SM-R800) does not record sleep information with latest updates

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 06:43 AM)
Members_k5vdlCM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I been using a Samsung Watch (SM-R800) since it basically came out and upgrade my phone to Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and recent updates especially UI 6, I have notice that the watch progressively getting worst and finally in the last 2 weeks.

I thought about getting Aura Ring and then notice that Samsung is coming out with their own ring.   I primary use use the watch at night to monitor my sleep but recently I have started and been successfully improving to sleep with out any addition stuff to take because of situation with THC.  This has cause me to go Cold Turkey of anything with sleep including stuff like Melatonin.   In some ways checking sleep information every day.

I am retired now and I don't see purchasing a new watch and been thinking about going back to my non smart watch.

Has any thing be done with latest Samsung updates to make the older Galaxy Watch 760D not work anymore?  I search internet and get confusing information probably because of new versions.

Stewart

5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Members_k5vdlCM Just FYI, the "760D" is nothing more than an indicator of your unique watch. It does not indicate what type of watch you are using.

If you go into your watch settings -> About Watch -> Model number you will find the model number. This will identify which watch model you have. 

0 Likes
Members_k5vdlCM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok I change the 760D to SM-R800 which what indicated was Model #

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Members_k5vdlCM Oh wow! That is a Galaxy Watch introduced in 2018. 

Unfortunately Samsung stopped all updates to Tizen based watches in 2023. So I think you may want to start thinking about getting a new Samsung watch. 

0 Likes
Members_k5vdlCM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok,  I guess it time to dig out my old reliable Tissot Chronograph and replace it's batter since Health and especially sleep information is no long a required.   

I have both a Garmin Forerunner for walking and Edge for biking.

I have no plans on getting another Galaxy Watch.   As long of the posts about issues including new er 6 models, I am sure I am not the only one. I even starting to regret I got a S23 Ultra,  my old Note 8 was so reliable until it's USB power connector failed on me last year.

0 Likes
Members_k5vdlCM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is actually a good thing for my sleep,  for other reasons specifically cdb/thc issues I decided to go completely without recording my sleep and I found that I am getting better sleep.  Probably a lot because I have to worry about my sleep issues.  My Galaxy watch basically sits on the charger on my desk.

I planned to take my Tissot in and get its battery replace tomorrow. 

No new Samsung Watch or Ring for me,

0 Likes