cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch becomes slow/unresponsive when enabling data roaming

Hi,

Thank you so much for this thread, I thought I was going insane. I have the exact same problem and Samsung support was no help at all. Told me to send it for service, but I assumed they wouldnt find any issue and just make me pay for the service. So found this thread instead. I have Telenor as well, but understand there is no point in contacting them either, or maybe I will and refer to this thread. Hopefully more people pushing will help. 

This must be a huge issue also for Samsung as people won't buy their watch if it doesnt work, so can't understand why they are not more eager to help out.

Anyway, I will post any news here, and hope to hear from the rest of you as well. And if no solution is soon to be provided I must just return the watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch becomes slow/unresponsive when enabling data roaming

I bought the Active2 LTE a couple of weeks ago, and as soon as I tested it with my Telenor subscription I ran into this problem. I went back to the shop I bought it from to get them to fix it, and they sent it in for repair. They just replaced the motherboard and battery, and claimed everything was working as intended after, but at least I did not have to pay for the repairs.

Just spent a couple of hours on the phone, first with Telenor and then with Samsung, I can confirm that neither was any help. Both seemed unwilling to admit there was even a problem, but after a while the Samsung rep basically told me I should return it and ask for a refund.

Highlighted
Constellation

The problem is though that the Telenor physical stores say no refund - one day after purchase. Telenor website refers me to making a formal complaint to the public consumer agency / what?! Should not be such a pain!

Asteroid

A link to the group would be helpful in that case. The facebook search function is not that good.

Highlighted
Constellation

The first day of using eSim there was someting that went wrong when ordering abonnement. My watch worked fine with lte, but my phone had no network. When telenor fixed it and created twin-sim, whe LTE function on my galaxy watch have been no other en rubbish.

It seem to. Me that this is an "Telenor twin-sim eSim only" problem. Do you agree? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, from what I can gather this issue seems limited to Telenors twin-sim service, though I am not sure I have seen anyone trying it with e.g. Telia twin-sim.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, I promised some feedback to this tread after my provider switch from Telenor to a Telia network. I have now tested the watch in standalone mode with network and 4g data only, multiple times. I have done some serious stress testing with full GPS, continous heart monitoring, streaming of music in Spotify and tracking my runs at the same time. And it works perfectly and exactly as responsive and smooth as when connected to phone!

So, this is a Telenor problem only! IT is nothing wrong with the watch, but all wrong with Telenor. So all I can say is, leave Telenor and switch to a provider that cares about its customers. Good luck :-) 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Today I did two things, and all of a sudden my watch starting working normally while connected to the cellular network:

1. Removed network using the settings on the watch, and then re-added it using my phone.

2. On my phone, activated (in Norwegian) "Instillinger->Avanserte funksjoner->Anrop og SMS på andre enheter". Tap this to enter submenu, make sure that the current phone is the one activated for this function (It was activated for an old phone for me). For good measure I also activated "Bruk mobildata" in this submenu.

I strongly suspect one or more of the actions under the second point above is what actually mattered in the end, but I am too scared to touch anything now that it's working.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I tried pretty much the same and had the same experience - now the watch works as it should - what a relief.

I removed the network on the watch and when I was going to add it again I had to reorder a QR-code from Telenor to scan it with my phone to connect the twin eSim to the watch.

After this it works.

Before I did this I tried what is described above as bullet 2 - activating the settings on the phone, but this had no effect for me, so I don't have this funciton activated.

Hope this solution will help more of you as well!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi, It works for me too. It even works after a reboot of the watch.