cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservkXPYowCZR
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Apps on non Samsung phone - not supported?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am being told by Samsung support that the Galaxy Watch messaging app only works if I have a Samsung phone. I have a OnePlus 3T running Android 8.0.0, and I'm not getting ANYTHING on my watch, not even notifications a message is waiting on my phone, let alone the actual text on my watch. I am using Textra for my messaging app, and have enabled notifications.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uservkXPYowCZR
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Apps on non Samsung phone - not supported?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have returned the Galaxy watch and I'm looking for a different watch. I've accepted that "compatibility with Android phones" is loosely defined and that if receiving text messages notifications is a primary requirement, then a Wear OS watch is propbaably a better solution.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We do apologize. Textra is not compatible with the Tizen OS on your watch.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservkXPYowCZR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've swapped in Android Messages, enabled notification in the Galaxy Wear phone app for Messages. Watch still does acknowledge receipt of new message.

uservkXPYowCZR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have returned the Galaxy watch and I'm looking for a different watch. I've accepted that "compatibility with Android phones" is loosely defined and that if receiving text messages notifications is a primary requirement, then a Wear OS watch is propbaably a better solution.

Highlighted
user3KB0cUkbrZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My app is missing