Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classis, screen turns off with flick of wrist

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 06:11 AM)
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Has anyone noticed with the new watch that the display turns off with a flick of the wrist? No option to turn it off, nor the option to turn the display off with palm. Half the time I get a notification and I go to look at it but the screen turns on and turns off right away due to the watch thinking I flicked my wrist. 

6 Replies
C2024
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Will get mine later today... hopefully this isn't an issue!
Bakuran
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes. My 46mm does that and I find it to be very annoying! I hope a future update fix this issue.

ChuckfmTN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agreed. Have the same problem but it s not consistent. Sometimes the notification appears as it should. Sometimes all I get are the tone and vibration. As soon as I move my wrist, the screen dies.
user5OG6mcqT6T
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing here. Also while I am swimming the work out screen comes on as scheduled but goes away fast because of hand movement. I tried chating with Samsung techs but they do not know their own product.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your watch screen turns off unexpectedly. Do you by any chance have power-saving mode turned on your watch?

Do you by any chance have the raise wrist to wake turned setting on, on your watch? Give this link a try for more information about lowering your wrist: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003202/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Power saving and raise wrist to wake are all off.
0 Likes