cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

Good day,

I have several question regarding the Galaxy Watch Active2.

1. What are the sensor laser specifications and government regulation on the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2? 

After wearing the watch for several weeks, I've noticed an apparent red mark/burn mark, on my skin (top of wrist) directly under the green sensor laser. I have measured the temps of the watch and have not found them to be able to burn skin. I can only presume that the laser is causing some sort of "sunburn"  UV effect.

I'd like to contact someone who can also answer these questions for me.

1. What is the UV index level and wavelength measurement of laser diode sensor?
  2. What are the thermal, acoustical and photochemical processes of the laser that have been found to cause damage to the skin?
  3. How long was the safety and quality testing period to determine the dangers of direct contact of a laser on skin?
  4. Given the fact that individuals with an 'always active sensor' experience more burns/redness than those not set to 'continuous monitoring', what are the conclusive differences between the two test results.
  5. It's likely these burns/redness were acknowledged during testing. What were the conclusive results of the test regarding the laser diode?

I look forward to speaking with someone who can accurately answer these questions.

Thank you,

Customer

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

Hello there, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you mind sending me a private message with the full model code and serial number for your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

I'm not sure about the exact specifications of the sensor laser, but the apparent red mark you're describing sounds like a rash. These rashes are unfortunately common when wearing the watch for long periods of time and, from what I can tell, are not caused by the sensor laser. Make sure your watch is clean and consider not wearing your watch for a period of time until the rash is gone.