cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user6UsxDbLOsQ
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and Samsung Buds bad connectivity

Only had the buds for a week now but connections to the Galaxy Active is spotty. I don't just mean the sporadic disconnects and static every now and then (which happens frequently with my phone while I'm driving) but just flat out not working.

For example, when the buds go from the phone to the watch, the left bud (and always the left) won't connect and, worse, will make this terrible screeching sound. Once I put them in the case and connect them to the watch again, it's fine (though the connections are still spotty).

This seems to happen only from Phone to Watch and not visa versa. I love the buds but man the connectivity is annoying. Does anyone have a Galaxy Watch (Active or otherwise) and have similar experiences with the buds? I don't think they are defective but I'd like opinions here.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and Samsung Buds bad connectivity

Just to double check, have you updated the watch, phone, and wearables app recently?

userfU4VAPTNvx
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active and Samsung Buds bad connectivity

I have a Galaxy Watch and Galaxy  S9. I too had connections issues between the Buds and S9. Spotty connections, static,  dropoff and very poor range. All my devices are up-to-date.  I liked the Buds, but returned them, thinking I may have got a defective product. Debating whether to order another pair or go with the Jabra 65T Elite Actives.  Very disappointed with Samsung.

@user6UsxDbLOsQ wrote:

Only had the buds for a week now but connections to the Galaxy Active is spotty. I don't just mean the sporadic disconnects and static every now and then (which happens frequently with my phone while I'm driving) but just flat out not working.

For example, when the buds go from the phone to the watch, the left bud (and always the left) won't connect and, worse, will make this terrible screeching sound. Once I put them in the case and connect them to the watch again, it's fine (though the connections are still spotty).

This seems to happen only from Phone to Watch and not visa versa. I love the buds but man the connectivity is annoying. Does anyone have a Galaxy Watch (Active or otherwise) and have similar experiences with the buds? I don't think they are defective but I'd like opinions here.