cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5tcec55kxG
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Notification Sounds not Working

I got a new Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 yesterday and I adjusted the settings to where the notifications result in a sound and vibration. However, only the vibration is working; no sounds. Example, when I receive a text message, my watch vibrates, but doesn't make a sound. I have tried adjusting the volume for System, Ringtone, Notifications, etc. Still nothing.

It's important to note that it makes sounds when receiving calls and everything else, it's only notifications where it doesn't.

Thanks,

Cody

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 Notification Sounds not Working

Hello Cody,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried resetting the watch recently?

user5tcec55kxG
Constellation

Hi there,

I did try that. And I think it's important to further clarify, but it seems like all other apps that provide notifications to my watch make a sound EXCEPT for Messages. I use the default samsung message app.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What type of device are you connecting your watch too? Are you using the default Samsung messaging app on the phone as well?

user5tcec55kxG
Constellation

I'm using the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and am using the same messaging app. I thought it may have had something to do with my phone's sound settings and messed with that a bit, but that didnt work either.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you confirmed the watch and your phone is currently up to date to the latest software?