I am experiencing the same issue as others are with the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 touchscreen no longer functioning. From reviews I have read it appears to be a widespread problem for the touchscreen to stop functioning after approx. eight (8) months of operation. With this problem occurring often, I’m hopeful a rectification is obtainable for resolving as procuring a watch at this cost to get so insignificant use is inadequate.
Galaxy Watch Active2 (B384)
Serial number: RFAN9091Y4H
- Watch first began to slightly vibrate, open & closing app screen several times the stopping.
- Several days later watch touchscreen became unusable.
- Both side buttons remain to work.
- Phone can connect and go thru settings.
- After a reboot the touchscreen attempts to work however after its completely booted up stops working again indicating this could be a software or hardware issue.
Below are actions I completed attempting to resolve touchscreen not functioning with no success:
- Updated latest available software.
- Using phone verified settings and found no accessible settings, do not disturb or other settings out of ordinary.
- Changed watch faces to several preinstalled standard ones.
- Uninstalled all applications capable of being uninstalled.
- Rebooted watch using side button numerous times.
- Allowed battery to completely discharge to turn watch off, recharged, and turned back on.
- One UI Watch Version 2.0
- Tizen version 188.8.131.52
- Software version R820XXU1DUH1
- Last software update installed on 9/2/21.
- Knox 2.5.0
- Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.5.0
- SE for Tizen 2.0.0
- TIMA 3.0.0
Memory = 530 MB/ 768MB
- Storage = 1.3GB Available
- Memory = 249.8MB Available
- Rated DC 5 V / 1.0A
- Battery capacity 340 mah
I had the same issue. I did pretty much what you did. It was stuck on the initial demonstration screen where it wanted me to slide to the right to show I knew how to get notifications. I am waiting on a Galaxy Watch4 so I just wore it. I would top on the screen once in a while and slide my finger across it. It just, out of the blue, started working. The touch screen was out of whack to where I could only access some of the functions. I could only access the functions in the middle of the screen. I got used to it but now, 2 weeks later, it works almost like new. Once in a while, it will buzz around to a workout and I have to exit out. So, put it on. Use it. It may start working again.