cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxrnSpbJ4DG
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Battery Drain Since Last Update

I have noticed that since the last software update (R810XXU1CSG4/R810OXA1CSG4) the battery life of the watch is now not even a day. 

Before the update, the watch was lasting nearly 2 days on regular use, last night I put the watch on at 100% battery life, on goodnight mode and went sleep. I woke up 7 hours later and the battery was at 64%. I have since worn the watch for a further 2 hours, with just Bluetooth connected and I am now at 27%. 

The current setup includes;
Bluetooth: On
Wifi: Off
Brightness: 5
Screen Timeout: 10sec
Watch Always On: Off

I have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting and no luck?!?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch - Battery Drain Since Last Update

Here are some additional steps that may help: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003227/

Have you reset your watch since the update?

userxrnSpbJ4DG
Constellation

Hi, 

I have followed the above steps and no luck. I have also restarted the watch multiple times but again it makes no difference.

Thanks
Kieran

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming. Did you also do the full reset through the Wearables app?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003077/#reset-your-samsung-smart-watch

userkpBCBgbZhe
Constellation

I'm suffering with the same problem that the user above. The last update that I've recived was about two weeks ago and since Sunday I'm having this battery drain issue. I'm going to take my 46mm to the assistance one more time (second time this year, first time they've changed the motherboard) and I'm about to dismiss Samsung stuff from my life. You guys are making bad products nowadays and this is not acceptable since they cost a liver!

userkpBCBgbZhe
Constellation

Got my 46mm out the technical assistance yesterday and for my luck my watch was in warranty until December. Once again they've changed the main board and also the battery. Let's see how many month it will resist. FYI this is the second time that I leave my watch at the technical assistance . WAKE UP SAMSUNG! 

20190816_080228.jpg

user9IPxKV7de8
Constellation

This make no sence i have not been able to use samsung pa...

This make no sence i have not been able to use samsung pay battery is dying getting no help from Samsung now they are taking sides with carriers and putting out a Verizon exclusively 5g note 10 + on the worst carrier i am planning on leaving Samsung to make a carrier specific phone is last straw for me