cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung Galaxy Watch counts steps while not moving at all

Hello.

So basically my problem is that my watch is counting steps on its own. 

While my phone counts 10k it can count up to 50 k a day. Even when I'm sleeping.

I tried rebooting, resetting but it didn't work.

It's system up to date

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch counts steps while not moving at all

Mine does the same thing. Logs 300 steps before I've gotten out of bed. Logs an hour of sleep while I'm reading on the couch. Doesn't log stairs at all. I returned one, figuring I got a lemon. The second one does the same things. I am super disappointed with this watch.

Highlighted
Astronaut

yes mine does the same. it worked ok at first and I could see I was about 3000 steps short of my daily goal of 6000. now it shows that I've walked about 26000 steps a day. im 67 and I wouldn't have time to walk that many days. just waiting for the fix to come along. also even though I wear my watch when I sleep or doesn't show the report everyday.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

mine also counts tottaly wrong like triple of my daily steps or even more! now i don't even trust the heart monitor! 

I reported through S Health the issue and they recomended to try the sensor in test mode and it worked fine also they asked to remove the application and to install again which i did already but seems the issue still the same!

This is my 2nd watch and it came with the latest firmware for GW i didn't update or anything!

Also, I have a quetsion if we are going to get the latest IU 5 for active 2 or not ?