Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Active2 floor count not working

Watch Active2 floor count not working

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Active2 floor count not working

Hello, sorry to hear the floor count is not working properly. What you can try is resetting the watch. If you go to Settings>General Management>Reset and then tap "OK" this will reset the watch. And then once the watch is reset, reconnect it to your phone using The Galaxy Wearable app.

I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I recently solved my watch's failure to counts floors!  So long as I do a two-button reboot at the start of every morning it counts all stairs fine, even if under 3mters (10 feet).  If I don'y do that reboot it usually won't count floors.  I'm surprised that Samsung can't solve this, so there's no need for that daily reboot. I've had my Galaxy watch for years.

Highlighted
Constellation

I got my Active 2 yesterday. 

I have tried to reset it and still no luck.

It will not register floors

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have cracked it finally. The floor counter will increment by 1 only if we climb more than 9 ft. My floor has 13 steps which measures slightly less than 9ft so what I did was,

1. Calibrate my alti-barometer

2. Simply started from the bottom of the floor, climbed as normal by making hand movements all the way to the top and then lifted my hand where I wore my watch. The lifting of the hand is important to trick the software that I have climbed more than 9 ft and had to do this because my floor was slightly less than 9 ft

Highlighted
Constellation

Not counting floors

Galaxy watch 46mm not counting floors out of the box very expensive watch for a watch for all functions not to work! Any one have a idea 

Highlighted
Astronaut

New Active watch 2 not counting floors

I bought my new galaxy active watch 2 10 days ago.  At first it was cou ting my floors.  Then 4 days later nothing.  Today i have been up and down my stairs at home which is about 18 19 stairs and only 4 floors have registered.  I have been up about 12 times today already.  This is frustrating and im thinking about taking this thing back and just sticking with my old fit bit. This is really frustrating.  I have ti take it back to Verizon by Tuesday if I want my money back.  Jwhat is the problem. Ive looked through the threads and it seems this has been an issue for a while with many versions of Samsungs  smart watches.

Highlighted

Re: New Active watch 2 not counting floors

Having that many stairs it's surprising that's it's that inaccurate. I only have 10 or 11 so I expect it to be off without raising my arm.

Make sure to calibrate the alti-barometer app. That may help you.

I tried posting this in the app multiple times but it wouldn't work. The samsung members app is worse than the watch floor counter.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Where is the alti-barometer app

Highlighted
Astronaut

I Tried,  still nothing.... it's kind of silly that Samsung would put out a product and have features that dont work!