cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch inaccurately counting floors climbed.

My Galaxy Watch (SM-R810, 42mm, Bluetooth) worked really well for a few months and I was really pleased... but...

Several weeks ago it stopped counting floors.

Have tried the various (non) solutions posted in the many threads on this issue but clearly the product has basic flaw/s that render it unreliable.

No idea if fault is related to one of the very regular software updates. I use a basic watch face so doesn't seem to relate to watch face complexity, it has never even sniffed water and really only tells time & warns me of phone calls, text messages & email.

Resetting has been the only partly responsive course of action.

1st reset saw the floor counting resume, accurately, but stopped again within 48hrs.

2nd reset saw floor counting resume, but this time it started counting random multiples for each floor climbed.

3rd reset saw same issue as 2nd but told me I'd climbed an average of 64 floors per day over 3 days. No wonder my knees are sore. Smiley Sad

Reset yet again a few hours ago, so far so good but it's time has come.

Unfortunately if fails again it will have to go straight back to the Samsung store.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch inaccurately counting floors climbed.

i had a same problem. i tried every solution on net but nothing is working. so i went to samsung service and they changed mainboard. all it was about 8 moths ago. but last week my watch started counting floors inaccurately again

Highlighted
Constellation

Floors not counting on galaxy active.

I have just replaced my fitbit ionic with an active. I can't get the floors to count. So disappointed. 

Any ideas as otherwise it's fine?

Many thanks 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Floors not counting on galaxy active.

I don't have a solution but I have the same watch and have the same problem. Everything works great except the floor count. I did at least 30 flights today and only 2 registered. I wish you could manually type them in! Very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Constellation

There appear to be dozens of post on this group forum regarding bad/no floor counts, going back a year or more, with zero actual solutions. This comunity forum is a total bust, as is the watch...sending mine back for a refund.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch that I received for Mother's Day. I have also been having issues with the number of flights of stairs climbed not being counted. I have a 2 story house with a basement and found that I could only get a count of 1 flight climbed by starting in the basement and going up to the 2nd floor.  Narrowing things down I found that the watch would register a floor after climbing 13+ feet or 18 stairs. Note that the watch when reset indicates that it takes 10 feet of climb to record 1 floor. Unfortunately, even if this were to work as indicated, my floors are only 9 feet high as I believe is the case with most homes in the US. In talking to Samsung support, they "confirmed" that the floor count is based on climbing flights of stairs in a commercial building and not a residence. I told the customer support agent that this was unacceptable as all of society would expect floors in a standard house to be counted. He said that he would be in a request to make this change in future versions of their products. Not holding my breath since this seems to have been an issue for a long time and they have done nothing about it. My watch will be going back to the store.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Still no fix to the floor counter issue???

I have yet to see a fix from Samsung to take care of the problem of properly counting floors you've gone up(among other issues). Has anyone seen anything different lately? It is so frustrating not seeing them take care of this seemingly easy task with a software update. They try really hard to keep themselves at top of the game over apple but the galaxy watch just cant compete to its couterpart currently. Please help Samsung!!!!!

Highlighted

Re: Still no fix to the floor counter issue???

Search apple watch not counting floors.

Seems to be a common problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't care about what an Apple Watch can or can't do! I owned an Apple Watch and didn't have this problem, but am not saying it doesn't exist in some cases. The Galaxy not being able to count stairs (at all) doesn't mean I'd go back to Apple, but when a cheap, almost zero-notification Fitbit can do the job, Samsung looks bad... especially when this is a long, ongoing problem. It's supposed to have the capability but doesn't.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just replaced my fitbit ionic with an active. I can't get the floors to count. So disappointed.